Why Are Fireworks Illegal In Maryland?
Find out what’s happening in Upper Marlboro with free, real-time updates from Patch. – Maryland law bans most fireworks, although some sparklers, snappers and paper snakes are allowed. Ground-based sparklers are prohibited in Ocean City, and Howard and Harford counties, along with the areas mentioned above that ban all types of fireworks.
Is it illegal to own a firework in Maryland?
A: No. It is illegal to privately possess or discharge fireworks in the state of Maryland. There is a $500 fine if caught using or possessing a firework. It is also illegal to sell a firework, which carries a $1,000 fine. Q: What constitutes a firework?
Are sparklers illegal in Montgomery County?
Penalties For Breaking Fireworks Laws – Possessing or discharging illegal fireworks is a misdemeanor that can lead to a $250 fine. Selling fireworks without a permit is subject to a fine up to $1,000. Transporting fireworks across state lines is illegal, officials say, including after purchasing them in neighboring states such as Pennsylvania where they are legal.
What are the different types of fireworks in Maryland?
What are NOT fireworks under Maryland law? – Which of these fireworks could land you in the slammer? (3)”Fireworks” does not include:
- toy pistols, toy canes, toy guns, or other devices that use paper caps that contain 0.25 grains or less of explosive composition if the devices are constructed so that a hand cannot touch the cap when the cap is in place for use;
- toy pistol paper caps that contain less than 0.20 grains of explosive composition;
- sparklers that do not contain chlorates or perchlorates ;
- ground-based sparkling devices that are nonaerial and nonexplosive, and are labeled in accordance with the requirements of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission ;
- paper wrapped snappers that contain less than 0.03 grains of explosive composition ; or
- ash-producing pellets known as “snakes” that do not contain mercury and are not regulated by the U.S. Department of Transportation,
What is a Maryland fireworks permit application?
Firework Safety PSA – Be aware, be safe, be responsible, and be prepared! Did you know that not all fireworks are legal for use in the state of Maryland? You should purchase fireworks from the same location that you intend to use them. This informational flyer provides more information on how to tell if a certain firework is approved for use in Maryland.