What Is The Driving Age In Maryland?
16 years and 6 months Minimum age is 16 years and 6 months. Applicants must successfully complete a standardized driver education course including 30 hours of in-class and six hours of behind-the-wheel instruction. Driver education providers electronically submit the applicant’s course completion information directly to the MVA.
How old do you have to be to drive past 12 in Maryland?
Maryland Provisional License Restrictions – Maryland provisional license restrictions include:
- You can not have alcohol in any measurable amount in your system when driving.
- If you are under the age of 18, you can not drive with any passengers under 18. With the exception of immediate family members.
- As a Maryland provisional license holder you can not use any wireless device while driving. This does include the use of hands-free devices.
- Your seat belt MUST be in use at all times.
MD Provisional license restrictions include a curfew for holders under the age of 18. Holders cannot drive between 12 midnight and 5 a.m. unless:
- The driver is accompanied or supervised by a licensed driver. One who is 21 years of age or older, with at least 3 years of driving experience.
- If the driver is driving to, from, or during employment.
- The driver is driving to or from an official school activity.
- If the driver is driving to or from an organized volunteer program.
- The driver is driving to or from participation in an athletic event or related training session.
Upon becoming 18, the holder is no longer bound by these Maryland provisional license restrictions. They may drive at any hour.
Can I drive my friends around at 16?
Your minor driver that is 16 or 17 may not drive with any passengers who are not an immediate family member until six (6) months from the date the license was issued, ‘ no driving with friends for the first six (6) months. ‘
Can 16yr olds drive people around?
Passengers – Teen drivers are more susceptible to distraction from passengers in their vehicle. are dangerous for drivers, especially new ones. Passengers can cause a lot of distraction for the driver. Teens may not drive with passengers under the age of 20 years old for the first 12 months.
Can a 17 year old drive people around?
Passengers – Teens cannot drive with other passengers who are under the age of 20 years old. The only exceptions include if there is someone over the age of 25 years old in the vehicle or if the 12-month waiting period has passed. Both exclusions will allow teen drivers to drive with someone in the vehicle under the age of 20 years old. Though parents may want to in this situation.